Teething - I know my baby is teething because he tried to use both of my cheeks as a teething toy last night. The four 6 teeth he already has made quite an impression.
Garage sale deals - Ryan is totally in to marine wildlife. At a garage sale this week I found brand new beanie babies for $.75 each. I picked up a shark, killer whale, walrus, dolphin, and penguin. I scored some major mom points on that one.
Sunburn - I'm usually pretty careful with my very fair skin and the sun, especially since the latest skin cancer episode with my mom. We worked at my mom's house today trying to get the outside of her house up to par - it evidently took longer than planned because I've got some really pink (closer to red) skin to show for it.
Boundries - I'm struggling with healthy boundries with my mom. She's almost 70 and does need help with projects, but there are a lot of things that she can do for herself that she wants me and my siblings to do for her. I want to honor and respect her, but at what point do you draw the line?
Reception - Our neighborhood has always been fairly quiet, but tonight we are getting a hip-hop serenade from down the street. The neighbors down the way are having a backyard wedding reception and the music has been filling the air for the last several hours. We thought about crashing the party but it would probably be a giveaway that we were the only white people there. They are good neighbors so I can't complain about the music, I'm just hoping it doesn't go too late. I need all the beauty sleep I can get!
Climbing - Another safety issue to watch for, my baby decided to learn to climb up the stairs by himself this week. I came out of the office to find him on the second stair sitting there laughing with his big brother. As long as Ryan was further up the stairs, Tyler continued to climb. It took a bit (and mom staying right behind him) but he made it all the way up on his first try.
Notebook - I thrive when my thoughts and plans have organization to them. I bought a small, 3-section notebook today to keep all my lists, notes, plans, etc in one place. I have a section for the move, the rental house, and the building house. I can staple/tape random notes in there and hopefully have a one stop shopping place for my lapsing memory!
2 comments:
I can understand what you are saying about honoring your mother, with moving back home I am having the same thought process, placing boundaries, and yet being respectful because she is my mom. There are a ton of things that she asks me to do that she could do for herself and did do while I was gone, I know she is excited to have me home, but it is still a difficult balance. Let me know what others are offering as suggestions.
Oh boy--a big post! YAY...I loved it!
My 2 cents on the Boundries issue:
I think the "honoring" part is mostly of your heart. I think you should help her when she legitimately needs the help and the other times you should decline politely. Doing everything for someone when they are perfectly capable of doing it themselves many times actually 'hurts' them. You don't want to feed into her thinking of she "can't" do it when she can. I don't think that is 'not honoring' your Mother. But I love it that you are concerned about that Jenelle...it shows what a wonderful person you are! P.S.-Boundries by Townsend & Cloud is a wonderful book to read on the subject!
Sunburn-YUCK!! Be careful! :0)
Ah, a fellow list maker! I love it and too thrive on them! They are my bestest friend! :0)
Post a Comment