Monday, December 03, 2007

Dread To Relief

Andy and I had completely opposite responses to heading to the dreaded allergist appointment this morning. He was ready and taking Ryan out the door almost 15 minutes early this morning. I on the other hand I was dragging my feet trying to care for all the odds and ends around the house in no hurry to get there.

We were really pleased with the Doc we met with other than she talked extremely fast. Andy's head was spinning when she headed out the first time. The nurse actually did the the testing. She was very kind and quick with the scratch test. We still had to physically hold him down for the test on his back and then for 10 minutes following so that the allergens could have time to work. The peanut allergy showed almost immediately and showed to be as significant as the blood testing showed. None of the other foods they tested appeared to be an issue (thank the Lord). We were really worried about that. The big surprise was he reacted to dog.

Then we moved on to the arm as she used needles to inject small amount under his skin. That really freaked him out. That's where the cat allergy showed up. They asked about one more string of tests on the other arm and we kindly declined. There is nothing more that they can do for those allergies (mostly outdoor/environmental) than what we are already doing until he's 5 or 6 so why even bother.

Over all the day wasn't near as bad as we had feared - mostly because we were very calm and realistic. Thanks for your prayers and support. I know that it made a difference. The good news is that it is done, we are armed with good information, and I got a 2 hour nap this afternoon. The world looks a lot brighter - other than Ty now has a 103 fever. From one thing to the next.

3 comments:

Logzie said...

Yay!!! It's O-V-E-R!!!

Somehow I knew it was not going to be as bad as you had heard...I almost wrote that and then didn't...oh well.

I am so glad it's over and other than the dog and cat (of which you have neither) it's good news on the food front. Yay!

As for the dog...how bad? Can he still come to my house?

Yay that it's over!!! Good job Ryan!!

Domestic Diva said...

I am glad that it is over for the little guy...how scarey for him!

Do you have a dog or a cat? Guess if you don't you probably won't get one! There are dogs out there that dont produce dander...my SIL has one...

Lucky for you on the 2 hour nap!

Kuckie said...

Thank goodness that is over...that is nothing I'd ever want to do!