Sunday, December 16, 2007

It Has Been A Week

I could get use to not cooking - at least for a little while. We're in the midst of the holiday dinner/party season. At to that our anniversary (8 years tomorrow!) and I ate out 3 night last week at really good restaurants. So between leftovers and a $5 pizza - I really haven't cooked in like a week. That is highly unusual in our world.

I also know that we have hit the holiday season by the Ton-O-Baking I did yesterday. I made 10 dozen sugar cookies, 4 batches of sugared almonds, and a cranberry almond bark. Add to that the 3 batches of dishes and it was a full day.

A tree update - I have put the tree back together 3 times so far this week. I gave up the daily ornament replacement and opted for collecting ornaments until the bottom 3 feet look bare and then I redecorate. Part of me wants to crack down on the muchkin for tearing apart the tree but he loves to look, and touch, and ring the bells. So this year I'm opting for redecorating and letting him enjoy. We'll see about next year.

I can't believe Andy and I have been married 8 years. So much has happened in that time, yet it doesn't seem like that long ago that we said "I Do." I know that I got one of the good ones. Here's to many more.

5 comments:

Cal said...

You did indeed get a "good one," my friend...

And so did he! :-D Happy anniversary, friends! Blessings to you both!

Terri said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Logzie said...

I'm with Cal...you BOTH got "good ones"!!!! Happy Anniversary!

For a while there, a $5 pizza was a weekly staple in our household! We have since fixed that problem.

Jenelle said...

Cal - It's also be 8 years since we had a fantastic jazz trio at the reception ;) You've been there since the beginning!

Domestic Diva said...

Happy Anniversary to you!

You are choosing the high road with the tree....good luck