Today starts 4 days of celebrations with family and friends. I'm excited this year. This will be the first year that Ryan really "gets" Christmas. I can't wait to see the expressions on his face. He woke up first this morning so we're sitting by tree light watching a Christmas cartoon. We're still trying to balance out the Santa factor with the reality that Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I'm enjoying reading lots of Christmas books with him each day, watching Christmas movies, and talking about why Christmas is so special. I love watching his eyes light up when he figures things out.
I can't wait to see Tyler's face when he gets to rip open presents. Ripping up paper is usually on the no-no list. There is a wonder and simplicity that I see in his eyes that helps me re-gain a bit of it myself.
Most of all, I am so excited to worship with purpose this Christmas. I pray the same for you this Christmas. Enjoy your family, friends, and festivities - and take time to remember the gift that God sent you. God loved you so much that he sent Jesus - to be born on Christmas - to have a relationship with you (and me).
Merry Christmas to you all and see you on the other side of Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment