Wednesday, September 10, 2008

College Vs. Preschool

I was chatting with my SIL Kate the other day and she was telling me all about how tired she was. She's working and trying to finish a degree in photography. She's an amazing artist with an artist soul. As she was describing her sleepless nights and LONG days I had such sympathy and flashbacks to the old college days.
  • staying up WAY to late
  • fighting to stay awake long enough to get stuff done
  • wishing that you could just get on with life instead of preparing for it
  • eating at a crazy schedule and rarely healthy
  • getting sick on every holiday break when you got away from the stress
  • loving the thrill of accomplishing a big project
  • dancing (poorly) in the halls after the last class of the semester/year/ever
  • sliding down icy hills on cafeteria trays
  • playing way too much pool in the hall community room
  • community closets - swapping cloths with friends in the hall (man do I miss that!!)
  • Now I just look back and see how young I was and miss some of the good ole days.
After reminiscing for a few moments I realized that pre-school world isn't that different.
  • Being insanely tired and up at all hours of the night, wishing for more sleep.
  • Crazy schedule and having a hard time eating healthy.
  • Being stressed out and getting sick... hmmmm. somethings never change
  • Wishing that we could get somewhere instead of spending all of our time packing/prepping/instructing before getting there.
  • Sliding down hills on ice after losing the sled
  • community closet where my kids think our shoes and clothing is fun to play/make a mess of
  • Loving the thrill when they get something you've been trying to teach them
  • Dancing in the halls after dropping them off at school
  • Remembering the good ole days when they were young and missing them.
Interesting parrallel.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Jenelle, my friend, you are VERY funny!! That was hilarious!! Especially the dancing in the halls parallel!!

meleah rebeccah said...

This was sooo funny because its sooo true!!

tz said...

I liked the dancing parallel myself...

and loved your spotline on Terri's blog...it was so nice!

Rock Chef said...

How very true!

Hm, looks like I might be taking a few classes this year so I will be staying up late doing assignments...