This post is likely to be about as random as my world right now. Sorry I've not blogged much lately, but it's hard to get time to formulate a thought these days.
I've been a domestic lunatic (wish it was a domestic diva) this past couple of weeks. I've frozen corn, canned peaches, made 12 loaves of zucchini bread (yes it freezes) and lots of yummy food. My friends and I are trying out recipes for our "Holiday Hints" ladies event. That meant yesterday I made pumpkin/apple muffins, south-of-the-border pinwheels, sausage balls, pistachio praline, and a couple of meals as well. I've also been completely overwhelmed by mess and clutter. It's a losing battle. I need TIME to come up with systems and materials to tame it all. That and I need to get rid of a lot of stuff.
Had the awful task today of cleaning out the freezer. My mom and I are swapping upright freezers. She wanted to downsize and I wanted more room (but couldn't justify buying a new one). Her suggestion to switch was wonderful! More room to freeze my favorite produce and buy meat direct instead of from the grocery store. HOWEVER, the treat came with a catch. I had to clean the nastiness in parts of the freezer from a partial thaw that we couldn't get to without losing all the rest of the meat. It was almost enough to make me want to go vegetarian.
Now I just have to finish defrosting my moms and clean that and we are good to go.
On top of all of that, I'm starting to look for a part-time job. I've thought that it would be good to get back out into the work-world for a couple days a week, but now that I really need to get a job for a period of time (we set some goals for ourselves + all the medical bills coming in) - I'm not really sure what to do.
I have a B.A. in psychology, work experience in radio public relations, service ministries, and web content management. Much of what I did was on-the-job training. Now I'm left with an uncertainty of where I fit in work-wise. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up and that is only complicated by Michigan's 9% unemployment rate. Not much out there right now.
So, I keep praying, looking, networking, and such. God is good and I know that He will provide.
8 comments:
Mmmm...all that food sounds GOOD!! Now...question about freezing things...won't they be sauggy (not sure if that is spelled right) or wet? Forgive my ignorance but that's just what I think about when I think of freezing. I'm if you're doing it that it's not the case but I'm just wondering...
Yes, God will provide for you and the perfect job or way of earning extra money will come about. HEY!! I got an idea...just print off some recipes and tell people you are a personal chef...I hear there's some good easy money in that! LOL!!!!
Ick, I hate cleaning out freezers...
Good luck with the job hunting. I think it is a big problem for women returning to work. My wife thinks about this from time to time, now the kids are older, but has no idea what to do. The biggest problem is that she just can't imagine being in a situation where she has to do what someone else tells her to do!
Can I come over for dinner or appetizers or dessert? Everything sounds sooooo good!
I hate cleaning refrigerators as well as freezers:( I feel for ya!
I understand what you mean about fitting in work-wise. I thought about switching professions... actually I thought about quitting retail all together and working part time somewhere closer to home. My degrees are in English (creative writing) and Communications. I have worked in restaraunt management and then retail management. Besides working part-time in retail, there is much else out there for me. So for now I am sticking with Gap. Good luck to you! I know all will work out:)
Yummy, yummy, yummy. I need an industrious food week to stock up around here.
Job-wise, what do you -want- to do?
ummm, you and I must have different definitions of domestic diva because you sound like one to me! holy cow, that's great all the things you're doing...
have you thought of being a substitute teacher? I think in some states you're just required to have a BA...I know a lot of people in my neighborhood end up being a TA in the neighborhood schools right now too...
well whatever you do, I'm sure you'll do well
Im with tz, I think you sound like a Domestic Diva....all that lovely food sounds yummy!!!
God IS good and He will certainly provide, I'll be praying for you, whatever you do, I'm sure you'll be amazing.
I would love to come hang out in your kitchen and be your taste-tester! Mmmmm!
Keep praying about your job. Mine fell in my lap. I was sure it was not for me and I'd never be offered the position. I was wrong and I love it.
Well, good luck and happy job searching / hunting. Im sure you will find something sooner than later.
And now Im starving after reading this post!
Post a Comment