Took my "Buddy" to his pre-school open house tonight. I got a chance to meet the teachers, and see who was going to be in his class. Much to my surprise - 5 kids from his class last year will be in his class this year as well. That was exciting for him (even if he tried not to show it). A gal I went to college with has a girl in the same class. Small world.
Pre-school starts next week and I'm really excited. I know he will really thrive in the environment and I'll get one-on-one time with Ty which he desperately wants. The two bicker all the time, and a little time away will be good for them. I know I have a battle on my hands though to convince Ty that he doesn't get to go to school with Ryan.
I also signed Ryan up for a tumbling/gymnastics class from the community education series. I'm really hoping that it will help with body coordination and following directions. My only fear is that he's going to take what he learns and become crazy with where he tries out his new moves and will break stuff or himself. Time will tell.
5 comments:
Sounds like a nice change of pace for everyone.
I am sure that Ty will enjoy the time with you. Tumbling? Only my eldest daughter ever showed interest in that direction and she had dyspraxia (which involves lots of coordination and spatial awareness problems) so we had to say no for everyone's safety! It's a fun time isn't it?
We SO have to do coffee with just the 2 little ones!!
Wow! So many changes:) I so enjoyed my one on one time with B when M started K4 last year. It will be awesome!
Nathan took a six-week gymnastics class when he was Ryan's age...he really loved it. You guys will have fun with it...especially if they get to use a parachute!
Post a Comment