The good news is that the front has come through and now it is cool and rainy instead of humid and rainy. I'd rather breath air than drink it.
All the rain made for an interesting weekend twist. We had a "Gala" (aka - free nice dinner) on friday for my alma mater and the new president. It was a REALLY nice dinner (beef tenderloin, marinaded chicken, potato tart, asparagus, rolls & dessert) with a program, music, etc. We met a couple of our friends there and caught up with lots of people I went to school with and worked with. Obviously with over 2200 people there I know I missed seeing lots of people, but that's the way it goes. My inlaws had the boys overnight so we got to stay out late and sleep in. Let me tell you how wonderful 9:30 AM is...
Saturday brought lots of rain and I was bummed that the community garage sale at the minor league baseball park was rained out. Last year my SIL got almost all of her little girls clothing for a year for about $25. Oh well. Maybe next year.
Instead we worked around the house getting projects done. My hubby started installing slatboard on the garage walls. He picked up about 20 pieces for free on the side of the road that were about 2.5' X 3.5' - Even though it's pieced together it looks like a solid wall and really sharp. Good job Andy.
Today we celebrated my mom's 71st birthday. She's doing pretty good for her age healthwise and for that I am so grateful. It was the first time my whole family has been together in a long time because of illness and a brother who was a truck driver. Love to see how the cousins play together.
It's been a good weekend and I'll leave you with a thought I've been pondering. This morning our pastor was speaking on what causes us to resist instruction, to become upset at correction, to begrudge being told what to do... It's pride in so many ways. The thought that we have all the answers and that we are self-sufficient. Honestly - none of us have it together. Just in conversations with my family today I've seen that pride popping up in me at comments, in my children at directions, creating tension in relationships.
My prayer and focus this week is for the pride to melt away and create a moldable spirit. That I can openly learn and grow into the woman God wants me to be, a better wife/mom/friend/etc. Watch yourself this week and find out what you see.
2 comments:
Pride. Yes, I'm guilty. Thanks for the reminder and it's definitely something I plan to pray about myself.
That is a fantastic reminder Jenelle. I know exactly what you are talking about. If we focus on how good God is...when those people say those things to us, wheather they be true or not, they won't cut as deep b/c our confidence comes from Him alone and at the same time we realize that sometimes the way He speaks to us is thru people wheather we like it or not. Great reminder!!
Post a Comment