Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nothing but Thanks

Nothing that new around here except for another basket of clothing to fold, dish to wash, and mess to clean up. My boys do a good job at providing job security around here. So instead of boring you with routine life & chores I'll move on.

Today I'm Thankful For:
* Opportunity to start restoring a lost relationship
* What forgiveness can do in one's life. God has forgiven me of so much that I can't be help to forgive others (no that is easier said than done)
* Pumpkin cookies - nuf said
* Comfy warm sweatshirts on a cold fall day
* Good friends who listen to another "drama" in my life and still care.
* Thanksgiving is next week and we get to head off to see the Hoosier side of the family which means a hotel with a pool and lots of yummy food.
* TREE DAY is coming (more about that later)

---- Thanks Update ----
* An unexpected "Potty Dance" as my 2-year-old did his first pee-in-the-potty, after telling me he needed to go!! Woo-Hoo! After which he was going to get some money (coins) as a reward and his older brother decided he wanted to share his money for the celebration. Sweet boy. I rewarded him with a few more coins than what he shared.

---- Thanks Update 2 ----
* Got a phone call for an interview for another job. This one would likely be a lot more flexible with family/childcare needs.

3 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Tree Day? I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I never get enough of reading others' "silver lining" posts. It helps me realize more and more how blessed I am. Congrats on the success with potty training!

Ali Kat said...

Ditto Terri on the potty training. We're in the works of getting Beth to go poops on the potty, it's definitely a work in progress. Do you still need app recipes? I only saw the post a few days ago. I've got some awesome ones, so just let me know!