Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So Many Things to NOT Forget

Veteran's Day - I find myself naturally giving lip service to this day honoring our military men and women and yet find myself really not going beyond words to back up what I believe about these brave people. Shame on me.

Thanksgiving - It really should be more of a lifestyle then a day in which we celebrate. I'm working on incorporating this concept into my everyday life. Hopefully you will start to see more of that in my blogs. I'm going to try to give thanks in each for something and someone.

How Lucky I Am - I haven't had to work ever. We chose that I would stay home after boy #2 came along. With changing circumstances (that's a whole other post) I'm looking for work again. So many others don't have the opportunity to have that time with their families. I'm blessed for the time I've had - the good, bad and the ugly. It's all been a part of forming a better me.

Work World - I had my first interview this week in 14 years. Yup - last interview was in May of 1994. It is a whole lot easier to get promoted than it is to find new jobs. I really don't know how to gauge how it went, but I think it went well. I was honest about myself. If they don't like that, then they won't like me. Rather that we both find that out now. Came home to find an email that a company may want me to do content management for their website. If that worked out, I would be thrilled. It could seriously cut back the childcare costs we are looking at.

So here are a few things I am thankful for...
* reliable transportation
* to sleep all night long (when my boys decide to)
* family - they may not always agree with our decisions, but love us anyways
* health - I'm loving being off blood thinners. I have MUCH more energy, can eat spinach and cranberries again as well as take ibuprophen when I need it. All things I couldn't do while on the meds that I've missed. My boys have had colds this past week, but overall, we've been relatively healthy and I'm enjoying the rest our budget has gotten because of good health.
* My boys - I love watching them experience things new - the first snow, lights on the christmas trees and animated animals, , etc

What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. I always love reading what others are thankful for. It reminds me to appreciate all that's good in my life.

This week I am focusing on being grateful that I'm still employed, haven't had a pay cut and there's no talk of layoffs yet. Time for me to stop worrying and leave it in God's hands.

Anonymous said...

jenelle, you are a lovely person. i think you are often too hard on yourself.

yay to the no blood thinner happiness! :>

and you aren't lucky. it drives me crazy when people tell me i am lucky to stay home with my kids. my husband works -hard- to bring home the money that he does. we -choose- to do without things, and so far, God has -blessed- our work with his grace. there's no luck involved.

and we are debating the part-time stuff, too. if i get a job, there will definitely be no luck involved, but all God's grace! :>

Rock Chef said...

Hope the interview went well. But the internet job sounds good too - child care costs can be incredible! One reason that my wife does not work!

Today has been a bit tough - having trouble being thankful right now, but at times like this I am thankful for a great wife, kids and true friends.

Kiki said...

Love this post...love being thankful except for tonight I was having hard time finding my happy spot, so I'm glad you asked what I'm thankful for...
1. Ken, he sticks, no matter what.
2. My family, love me like crazy.
3. Health, except for not getting
pregnant when I want, I'm
as healthy as I could ever
wish to be.