I have three very important house guests coming tomorrow night. That will make a total of 5 kids between the ages of 2 and 7. That means a lot of work. It's also the opening weekend of deer firearm season. Which means hubby will be gone all day Sat and Sun. At least the extra kids will help entertain my own. Hopefully the things I have planned will be fun for everyone. I might start taking the ibuprofen when I wake up in the morning ;)
I had the monthly ladies lunch from Andy's family here today. It made me dig out of the mess that this place got into while spending every spare moment working on Holiday Hints and a freelance project. It's sad when you gross yourself out. I can once again find all my countertops, there is a top to my hope chest other than clothing, eBay piles are no longer taking over a corner of our bedroom (still not listed but at least not under foot), the splatter art on the boys' bathroom mirror no longer exists, there is no longer a ring on the tub for me to judge if I've filled it to their desired bath height, and there is no longer an inch of dust protecting shelves and furniture.
It was a very full but good day so I'll leave you with my thanksgiving list for today:
** The vacuum. Can you imagine cleaning your house without one?
** Fall colors. I added pumpkins, gourds and leaves to my mantle and I feel fall festive now. Yes, it's late in the season, but at least they are up.
** Deer season only lasts 2 months. (bow & firearm - thank goodness he doesn't use a muzzle loader)
** Cousins. I love to see my kids play with their cousins. I never got the chance to do that much as a kid and love to see my boys have family who are also their friends. I hope and pray that will continue.
How about you? What are you thankful for?
2 comments:
It always feels good to get motivated and clean house, doesn't it? Things have been hectic for you but you seem to have a positive attitude about it all. That's awesome.
And yes... I love my vacuum, LOL!
And also the fact that Mark doesn't deer hunt, so his hunting season is winding down.
I went with Ken once to upstate NY, we took a small arsenal with us because we were going to target shoot. We started climbing the mountain where we could practice and Ken points to the ground, bear tracks, bigger than my head, I asked him to load a rife and started singing the whole way up the mountain.
Ken was hoping harder than I was that he didn't have to kill anything...funny boy!!! I think I'd like venison...yum!
Post a Comment