I had a crazy but good weekend. I had Teresa's kiddos Friday night for a sleepover and part of Saturday. That meant two 2-year-olds, a 4-year-old, a 5-year-old, and a 7-year old. It was a lot of fun, but boy was I tired at the end. I printed off large leaves/pumpkins/turkeys for the kids to paint. When dried we cut them out and taped them to ribbon to hang over the slider door. Our budding artists helped decorate house. Kenzie and Ella were excited to find the pink watercolor paint almost new since their pink was gone. Never thought I'd decorate my home with pink and purple leaves and turkeys, but that's okay.
We watched movies and ate popcorn, had adventures in the woods, played with the kids at the end of the cul-de-sac, drank hot chocolate to warm up after freezing ourselves, watched movies and ate popcorn again, made shapes out of our pancakes with cookie cutters, and cleaned up A LOT of messes. Everyone did remarkably well. Hopefully my kiddos didn't teach Teresa's too many bad habits. WARNING TERESA: the little ones were talking again...
I have a hefty to-do list this week, so here's hoping to accomplish a bit of it. Until then, here are a few of my reasons to give thanks:
* Even though my husband didn't get a deer this weekend, he did get to relax and enjoy.
* The "testing twos" will not last forever.
* Mexican food - I've been eating it all week (lots of leftovers since the kiddos & hubby aren't big fans).
* My church - I'm learning so much. I am really seeing so many things for the first time, breaking out of tradition and into a biblical backing for my believes. It really is liberating and convicting in so many ways. Finding so much hope as I see God for who He really is and just a glimpse of His goodness and greatness, but conviction from his justice and holiness. I could go on and on here, but I'll save that for another post.
* Family - I love watching my kids love their family and extending family. Lord-please let that continue.
* Snow - I watched the beauty of falling snow coat the trees and fields around us. The wind whispered and tossed the flakes around. A fire in the fireplace and a few quiet moments with the newspaper and my coffee - marvelous. I love the holiday season and all that it entails. Today's snow was just a tease of what is it come.
What are you thankful for?
6 comments:
What a wonderful aunt you are to Teresa's kids. They'll grow up and remember what fun they had during sleepovers at your house. I know, because I had aunts like you who welcomed me into their homes for sleepovers and those are still some of the best memories I have.
Terri, the beauty of it all is that Jenelle and her husband are not even my kids Aunt and Uncle...although you wouldn't know it...they are actually 2nd cousins (I think) but they are amazing at stepping up and filling a void in my kids lives and for that...I'm truely greatful and always will be. Jenelle has answered so many of my prayers and hearts cries for family to love on my kids...she's simply amazing. :)
Thanks again for the birthday gift Jenelle!! I'm truely touched and grateful. You know that the invitation is extended to you also...so get to planning! LOL!
Love you!!
Loved your blog - I come from a real traditonal Presbyterian background and have travelled all the way to a Vineyard church - and that is real a long journey - realizing that God really wants a relationship with me - what a comfort - loved what you wrote about the snow - maybe me briefly homesick for it!
I love things like that - lots of kids making lots of mess and having lots of fun!
Great stuff!
Snow...{sighs}...sounds like you guys had an awesome time!!!
Post a Comment