Sunday, April 05, 2009

Getting Seedy

It's not really planting time yet, but I can hardly wait for Spring to bring it's warmth in MI. I cracked open by gardening books this weekend and started planning. I know that this is an ambitious list, and my garden last summer was a total FLOP. Starting from scratch this spring/summer and going to things right. Last year we threw things together last moment with 900 things still left to do with a new house. Well there is still 742 things left to to on the house and I'm going to forget about them and focus on a beautiful and productive garden this summer. Even trying a few more from seeds rather than plants...maybe.

I'm hoping for a bountiful harvest of produce to help offset a tighter budget over the summer and fall.

Broccoli

Cucumber

Green Beans

Green Peppers

Jalapenos

Lettuce

Spinach

Tomatoes

Yellow Squash

Zucchini

Rosemary

Thyme

Basil (can hardly wait for fresh pesto)

Cilantro

Parsley

Oregano

How about you? Any plans for gardens?

3 comments:

Kuckie said...

Oooo, me, me, ME!!! Barry is building a raised bed for my herb garden as we speak!!! Can you tell I'm a little excited? I've never done herbs before. Some things I'm thinking about are (besides the fresh herbs), tomatoes, cukes, brean beans, zucchini, yellow squash, watermelon, cantelope, pumpkins, garlic, peas, and who knows what else I'll get crazy and decide to take on????? LOL!

Jenelle said...

herbs are SO easy to grow Jen, you are going to love it. Have you grown garlic before? easy? Do you let cukes grow on the ground or do you train them to a trellis?

Anonymous said...

herbs and tomatoes, yes. not sure what else. :)