Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Update

So, we've hit crunch time. In just 4 short weeks my husband is starting at the police academy. This means he will be in class/training/etc 5-7 days a week and 12-16 hrs/day (at least that's what they said in the intro meeting). After orientation next week, we'll have a better clue as to what reality will look like.

I'm at the point where I need to stop thinking/talking about the situation and start praying more about it. The more I think, the more I try to plan, the more I start to worry, and the less I get done. I was doing really well about all of this, but lately it just seems to be piling up.

There is just far more to do than there are hours in the day. I erased a bunch of DVR stuff last night because I know I'm just not going to get to it... More important stuff than TV...
- getting boys to understand Mom's work time
- setting boundaries that are healthy and maintainable
- getting enough sleep to keep going
- find routine that works for working at home
- eating better, the more I stress, the more crappy I eat
- working out relationships and processes for freelance work
- wishing I was vacationing with everyone else next week
- finding cost effective b'day presents (942 of them in Apr)
- Menuing to cut down grocery costs
- Keeping perspective by time with God
- etc...

So what am I doing - instead of getting stuff done right now, I'm blogging while sitting in front of WWIII also known as my living room, covered with toys, the washing machine needing to be re-run cuz I forgot there was a load in there, kitchen half cleaned up (can't ever seem to get that all the way done), oh - and I'm still in my pj's and haven't showered yet. It's 2:30 PM.

I'm off to do more research about health insurance options. At least I have a cup of coffee to go with it.

2 comments:

kenady said...

sounds like my house:)

love to you friend:) all will be well in the end...

Anonymous said...

i'm not going anywhere either, so you're not the only one. :)