Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An Open Letter to Adobe

Dear Customer Service @ Adobe.com...

Please let me take a moment and express how incredibly frustrating your system is for a normal person to use. Let me rephrase that - I work on websites, I'm pretty familiar with how to use it. If It doesn't work for me... pity the common user. Leaving me to regret the decision - I opted to download a copy of your new software several days ago.

* Yes, I have struggled for SEVERAL DAYS to download a program.
* Yes, I have contact Customer Service (insert snide laugh here) several times for help and receive half-hearted help, without bothering to look into what the heck is going on beyond try a Internet Explorer instead of Firefox, click this button. I actual had to ask "So in several hours after the program doesn't download, and I find that this doesn't fix the problem - what should I do?" and get the response "well, you'll just have to call again..." Does she not realize that this was already my third contact?
* Yes, I spent hours looking through online FAQ and getting bounced ALL over your fricken website to find how to even send a message.
* Yes, I am frustrated. I want my money back or a real disc from which to put your fricken program on my computer. I'd like to send you a bill for my time as well...

I'm sure that this letter will be once again be met with an automated response in which you tell me that my case is closed because you've helped "rectify" the situation.

Sincerely,
Disgruntled User

p.s. Please pass along my apologies to the Indian woman whom I hung up on my third contact. I'm sure it was her first day based on the time it took her to come up with her "remedies" for my problems at hand. My frustration must have been intimidating to her so that she forgot to let me speak and kept talking over me with the script in front of her, which was difficult to hear anyways with the 5+ other men speaking to other disgruntled users in the background.

2 comments:

Rock Chef said...

I hate customer care phone lines! We had a great time dealing with a phone company that was charging us for someone else's phones.

I explained the problem to the person in India.

He said, OK, what is your account number?

I don't have one - I don't have a phone with you. I am being charged for someone else's phones.

If you don't have an account with us I can't help you....

Anonymous said...

Funny...I had to call Victoria's Secret yesterday b/c I made my payment late. It was due while we were in Washington DC and I didn't realize it. I only put something on that card like once a year to keep the FREE UNDIES coming but the lady was so incredibly rude and inappropriate to me on the phone that after I got her to give me a credit for the late fee (which btw was more than the actual amount due!!) I told her to cancel the account...I don't need FREE UNDIES that bad!!!! When she asked me "why I was cancelling" I told her it was b/c of "her". It was.