It's late. I should be in bed. I'm incredibly tired. I just can't seem to get up and go to bed. There is SO much to do and SO much on my mind, that getting up the gumption to do anything seems like a lot of work.
Mental stress.
That's what I'm chalking it up too. I think the stress of Andy leaving work (2 wks from tomorrow) is really wearing on me more than I thought. It's not that I'm worrying about it all the time, really more that it leaves me with a large work load and I'm not sure how to eat the elephant. Yes I know - one bite at time. I get rather impatient with that process.
Also, it doesn't help that my nephew and niece from IN are here for the week and trying to fit in as much fun as possible in that time. They are fun kids, and it has been a great time to spend several days with them. Plus there were promises of things to do with the kids before plans started getting turned upside down.
Need to stop and take a breath (and get some sleep) to charge up for the weekend. Good Friday dinner with my family tomorrow. My niece's first birthday party on Sat. And than Easter services (praise team, special music, & teach Sunday School) followed by Andy's family festivities.
In the midst of the busy days ahead, I just don't want to lose focus on what it really means. God was gracious, sending His one and only son - taking the punishment for MY sins. When Jesus Christ rose from the dead, He broke the power of sin and death, making a way for me to have a relationship with Him and eternity in heaven. Don't deserve it. Can't earn it. Can't begin to appreciate the full extent of the gift.
May I wish you all a Good Friday, and a GREAT Sunday. Happy Easter friends.
1 comment:
Happy Easter, Jenelle. I hope you find a few moments to catch your breath and forge ahead.
Post a Comment