Thursday, March 04, 2010

Mixed Bag

I love the late night. It's quiet, I have time to myself, and it's the time when I really thrive creatively and personally. I've always been a night person. Which means conversely I've NEVER been a morning person.

Late nights have become a mixed bag for me. I long for the me time, to get things done (when I work as well), and play as well. However, I'm finding this time to be when I become most homesick, especially on the weekends.

Add to this, Tyler's body clock adapting to getting up earlier to get Ryan to school and Andy to work. He now consistently wakes up, before the alarm goes off, between 6 - 6:30 AM. He's up, but he is really tired and needs more sleep. I've tried putting him to bed at different times, naps or no naps, etc - and none of it makes a difference.

Late nights, early mornings, makes for a long day. I've given in a couple days and taken a nap with Ty. But I always have a hard time waking up/getting back into the swing of things afterward. I'm gonna force myself to go to bed early tonight. Maybe.

1 comment:

Rock Chef said...

Hope things settle down soon - you have been through a lot so it isn't really surprising that you feel like this at the moment.

Mind if I send you a hug?