Today is Andy's first shift on the road with the police department. It's that reality sinking in that "oh yeah, um, he could get hurt/killed doing this job." The likelihood of that happening is incredibly small. Doing on the road sales (previous job) he would have a greater likelihood of being in a severe accident. Yes, I know these things, but it's hard not to think of the possibilities.
This is where that faith/trust thing comes in. I know we are where God wants us to be. He's proven that over and over to my disbelieving heart. Where God leads he provides, and that includes peace for the moments.
Lord, please protect him, and bring him home safe after ever shift...
3 comments:
It must be hard when work has got a built in danger, however small that might be. But by what you say it sounds like this might actually be safer than his previous job!
Here's to a long and interesting (but not too "exciting") career!
thanks RC
It's an understandable fear. I hope that the job proves to be rewarding with very little danger in actuality.
Post a Comment