Here's my poor attempt to try to catch up...
1. Ryan seems to be doing well with pre-school and I'm loving the time off. I'm extra looking forward to tomorrow as this was one of the roughest mommy days in recent history. I know fatigue and the crazy last week has a lot to do with it, but still a long day.
2. Youth Conference - nothing earth shaking and new but good reminders and refreshers for getting back into the grove. I've been doing this youth worker thing for about 9 years and routine can become a passion killer. I did grasp something new about the 10 Commandments, but I'll save that for another post.
3. Mom's Birthday - had an open house on Sunday to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. She ended up with a really long guest list so we were a bit concerned. It went really well. The kids were REALLY shot without naps, and Tyler managed to cut his gum open. Other than that - it's a relatively tame family/friend gathering. My oldest brother was out on the road (truck driver) and didn't make it. His new wife had health concerns and didn't come either. Really I think she didn't want to come without the hubby. But it was probably less stressful without them.
4. House - we have footings in the big hole and the walls are on their way this week. Things are taking shape and so are some of the decisions. I just need to trust myself on my decisions.
5. Depression & Anxiety - For the first time in so many months, I finally feel like I've got a grasp on things. The new meds seem to be really effective. There are still moments of anxiety and stress, but they are proportional to the situation at hand. I'm learning what my limits are to help balance the rest. It's good to feel pretty good again.
6. I made an announcement in church on sunday about the women's christmas outreach called "holiday hints" that I'm helping put together. I bluntly said for those that weren't interested that it was "not about you" but about needing to reach the lost. I know that the words were controversial for some of the older ladies that may have been convicted by the statement but I really felt God leading me to say it. If He was leading, he'll help me to address any issues that my words created. All in all, I'm really excited about the event and the opportunities to combine my passion for Christmas, decorating, & sharing about my great God.
Hope you all have a great week.
4 comments:
Sounds like lots of good things are happening there. Glad that Ryan is enjoying preschool. I really am missing that break nowadays. And yeah for the footings on the house. It will start quickly now. And yes, God will give you the words about your Christmas event. Sometimes people just need to be reminded that it is about Jesus and not us.
It's so good for me to read posts like this and realize I have so much in common with other "moms." I also wanted to thank you for coming by my blog and offering such supportive words. It means so much to me!
Hey...glad the new meds are working better
I hate bad mommy days! Preschool does get better
What are "holiday hints" sounds fun....
***You are a very positive person, always saying encouraging things...I look forward to meeting you when we go visit Logziella...Thanks for being a bright spot in blogspot!
Diva...you already did meet Jenelle and her husband silly! Remember the campfire at Grand Haven when we did the Christian husband bashing? That was them! HA! You're so geriatric...but I STILL LOVE YOU!! :0)
Post a Comment