Saturday was a FULL day. We had three birthday parties for kids. The first party was 10 - noon at Chuck E Cheese for my new step-nephew. My brother married his mom and didn't bother to tell anyone for 5 weeks earlier this summer. Needless to say, it was a party I was less than enthused about. The invitation said "Please no toys (gifts)" which my husband and I went around on. As a nephew I wanted to give him something since we give gifts to other nieces/nephews. My husband convinced me to honor their wishes. I walked in to see that everyone else brought a gift. I felt pretty stupid. I rallied and offered to send him a subscription to National Geographic for Kids and that it would be coming to his mailbox in his name soon...
We left from there to party #2 for my niece's 1st birthday party (same side of the family). It was a nice time. It was slightly awkward at gift time when my niece had a present to open and the nephew who had not gotten one was sitting there. Luckily I think it was only awkward for me. The kids hit meltdown stage and we headed home.
After our poor attempt at getting kids a nap we headed out for party #3 for Ryan's friend Chloe's 3rd birthday. It was a crazy time with lots of kids everywhere and our kids without naps were a bit done. Ty was rather cranky and that made Andy a bit cranky as well. Nice party but we were all done and headed home early. I really wanted to stay and hang out with friends - but it's that conflict of what you want to do and what is best for your family.
I've decided that parties are fun, but I'm thinking 3 (with all the sugar and chaos) in one day is just a little much.
1 comment:
I LOVE your magazine subscription "cover" idea...I will probably use that one the next time I forget a gift! :0)
Post a Comment