It's officially starting to feel like fall with the return of Monday Night Football. We had our first party of the season tonight with friends plus our new neighbors/landlords. It was a lot of fun. My friend brought an incredible fruit salsa with cinnamon chips. I'll get the recipe to post.And on another positive note, my fantasy football team did quite well in week number one. There's a lot more to go, so I'm not predicting a successful season yet, but winning sure is nice.
This weekend we're heading to IN for a youth leaders conference. I'm praying to get re-energized and creative again. We've been doing this for so many years with the same couple that it is really easy for me to get complacent about things and reactive. The kids deserve more than that, but our lives are far more complicated and committed that it was 6 years ago when we attended all sorts of sporting & school events and put together super creative events all the time. There has to be a middle ground somewhere. It should be a good time, plus we get to go with friends and without the kids overnight! That's pretty close to a vacation in our world.
1 comment:
I agree with you, fall is the best! Oh the Monday night football gathering, that makes me happy you had one and sad because us and the Diva use to have a gathering just like it. It was awesome. Enjoy the conference!
Post a Comment