**So my hopes of having a houseful for a BCS Championship party ended up a bit smaller than expected. We went from 19 people to 5 due to illness, meetings, homework (in your 30's you think you would be done with this excuse, nope), etc. Still fun but I'll be eating left over cookies and tacos for quite a while.
**I've become more proficient at hiding veggies in the food I cook. My hubby is eating them but my 3-year-old isn't so easily fooled. I have the "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook to try out. So far the premise is good but haven't been wow-ed by the recipes. Small attempts at eating healthier
**Worked out today with friends for the first time in 1 1/2 months. I'm feeling it.
**I've decided that I'm tired of being judged by family for making good choices. We try to just live our lives as best as we can - we don't push our standards on anyone - but seem to get lots of grief from family over stuff. Wish doing the right thing was easier.
**Scale shock. I went to the doctor to get an antibiotic for the sinus infection that wouldn't go away. Stepped on the scale to realize I gained 10 lbs since moving into the rental in July. I was mortified. Knew I had gained a little, but not that much. Hence the eating healthier and excercising previously mentioned have become more important.
**Pre-school resumes tomorrow. Here is mom doing the happy dance. Here is little man getting into much more mischief because big brother isn't around to entertain him.
**Found said little man on the kitchen table trying to get to the cookies today.
**Found said little man on the kitchen counters yesterday pulling knives out of the butcher block.
**Pulled said little man off the kitchen chairs about 1468 times today alone.
**Saved the fish from said little man about 23 times today.
** All of the havoc occurred outside of the miraculous 4 hours of naps he took today (after waking at 6am)
3 comments:
I am on the eat better, excercise more kick too. So far so good. I haven't put huge expectations on myself and taking baby-steps seems to be the thing that keeps me going.
You're little guy sure is a busy one. My sixteen year old was the same and I'm happy to say, it does get easier!
Good for you...the exercise/eat healthy thing! I didn't gain any weight this Christmas which shocked me...because Amos made divine treats...
I think the narrow road is the one where you do the right thing...that is why so many people do the wrong thing, because it is easier. Don't be weary in well doing :)
Wow, busy little beaver...I don't miss those days!
I hear ya on the pulling the child off the dining room chairs about A MILLION times a day!!
It's just a stage...it's just a stage...it's just a stage...it's just a stage...it's just a stage...
I keep telling myself that!
Post a Comment