So another exciting day in the life of Jenelle. On my way to finalize house stuff, the roads were really bad. The massive amounts of snow were compounded by the wind. I was praying for the family of a car in the ditch when my backend broke loose on black ice, did a 180 and headed backwards toward a bridge overpass. God continued to protect and all the cars around me missed me and I missed the concrete under the bridge and slide backwards into the snow covered hill.
I was okay. I was able to get the car off the hill and only ripped off the back bumper. The car didn't drive quite right, but I could get to the next exit. Once again God provided when all the snow and slush fell out of the undercarriage and the car drove okay. However the damage still comes to over $2000 to fix.
I spent the first couple hours mad at myself to not be careful enough and at the extra money it was taking out of our budget. After that I came to see how blessed I really am - how much worse it really could have been. The kids were safe with a sitter. I wasn't hurt (just a bit sore). The car is still drivable so we didn't have to rent a car. No one else was hurt. Still got work done at the house today. I truly am blessed.
6 comments:
Oh my gosh Jenelle!!!!!!! You have been hanging around me too much I think! LOL!! Or...maybe it's just the last name...hmmm...must ponder that one! LOL!!
Wow...I am SO GLAD YOU ARE OKAY!! That sounded aweful...heading toward a bridge overpass...where was it? God is so good!!! Praise the Lord you are okay tonight and still with us!
I would have had the same thoughts running thru my head about the money etc. but in the end you really came to a wonderful conclusion and made a way to glorify God in the process!
LOVE YOU! Stay safe...we are supposed to get another FOOT OF SNOW tomorrow! UGH....
Jenelle! I'm so glad that you're okay! That always gets your heart rate up for the day! Hope you can get the car fixed quickly. Stay safe in all that snow. If you want a break from the snow..you could always come here as we only have about 4 inches of it.
I'm SO sorry, dear! And SO glad that things are relatively well. :-/
It's SO hard to make the leap from "well this is another fine mess" to "God is good!" Well done, my friend!
My mom used to quote Mother Teresa as she was going through chemo: "I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much." :-D
Be safe, my friend! We're praying for you...
Oh my heart sunk reading that! Praise God that you are alright! How scary I am sure, but still your mind went to the positive of how blessed you really are. God knew exactly what was going on, and he will provide the money for the fixing too, we just have to put our trust in Him! Oh Lord, thank you for protecting her, I pray angels of protection around her every where she travels.
Wow Praise the Lord You are ok! God always puts in arms around us to protect us! Doesn't it feel great! I love that He is our Father and that He takes such good care of us! If it makes you feel a little better I hit a stop sign the other day. =)
Glad you are okay. I've had a near hit myself this year.
Post a Comment