Wednesday, May 21, 2008

So Gross

Went to get little man out of his crib this morning and got a lovely surprise. He had evidently been awake for a while playing with what he found in his dirty diaper. I managed to make it past my gag reflex and grab his nasty little hands before more damage could be done. Of course I just put clean sheets and animals in the crib yesterday. Luckily I had washed his other set already. Unfortunately I had just put a load of clothes in the washer before finding this disaster so the mess has to sit for a bit.

Then we jumped into the car and ate breakfast there (didn't schedule major cleaning into my timing this morning) to meet a friend at a scrapbook store. Once there I spent half my time there in the bathroom. My 2 boys racked up 3 trips with the older boy yelling that "the poop is coming" at what seemed to be the top of his lungs. At least some of the women in the store seemed amused. Me, not so much.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard more stories lately about little ones playing with their poop! Funny. Thankfully, mine never did that. I feel sorry for you having to deal with that mess!

tz said...

I'd like to say my 'poop' stories are going away at ages 8 and 5...but no, they're still around, I'm not sure they're ever going to go away

enjoyed reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

yes, gross. you should hear joe when he discovers things like that - so funny. having 3 boys, we've experienced this at least 2x per boy.
so, glass half full - be happy it's only happened once! ;>

Logzie said...

I think he and Ella got together and had a conversation...sorry! I can just see them two sharing their "secrets"! LOL!!

Rock Chef said...

Sounds like the start of a "crappy" day, ha ha ha!

Sorry.

I can't remember mine doing that, but I remember that one of them used to try to get her hands in it while we were changing her, so we learned to change her one handed while pinning her arms with the other - not an easy task when the poop has burst out and gone up the back and down to the knees!

Strangely, I miss it!

Evil Transport Lady said...

Mine never did that, but I've heard it's quite common. Ewww! So you had a "SH!!!Y day";)

Hope the next is better!

Mojonah said...

I call it "poop art". My daughter did it several times. Yuck. Except she also did it on the walls, door, and furniture. Our furniture and doors are brown...so...you couldn't see the poop...I had to wipe everything down, then to make sure we found it all...had to sniff it to find any missed spots....gag!

topher1kenobe said...

Sophi never did that, Molly twice, once outside on her slide. :(

Have you ever heard the song Poopsmith, by Over The Rhine? It's hilarious.