Sunday, August 03, 2008

A Good Ole Kick In The...

...pants. Exactly what I needed to get going again.

* I am feeling much better thanks to some good antibiotics and rest. Thank you to neighbor Jane for getting up early to take my boys for the morning. Thank you Andy for taking Ryan with you to work for the afternoon. Thanks mom for watching the boys so I could go to the doctor kid free (sad when that is a treat in life). Thanks Elizabeth for taking my boys for the afternoon so I could rest, and for the amazing blueberry bread & extra blueberries. Thanks to Andy for trying to keep it all together while I checked out for a couple of days.

* Thanks to God for giving me a little bit of a reality check to get out of my tired of being sick pity party. Can't really complain about minor inconveniences when there is so much else out there. My heart is breaking for someone who deals with so much more right now. I'll protect her privacy and just ask that you pray for her healing and comfort.

* I'm thankful to get out of bed and move. I was down for a few days, but thousands will never have the pleasure of walking.

* I'm grateful that God bring beauty out of ashes (Isaiah 61:1-3) and replace despair with praise. As much as I can muck things up in life, God love and forgives me, restores and encourages me, and beyond my comprehension -- manages to use me in His plans.

* I am thankful for inspiration. I've had time this week to really read my Bible, pray, understand a bit of God's direction. I've been creatively inspired by pouring through a mound of Christmas books/magazines as I start to pull together a ladies holiday night out in November (Holiday Hints 2008). I'm passionate about all things Christmas and entertaining. This gives me a creative outlet like no other.

* I'm thankful for time to catch up on "want to watch" list of movies. I hit the classics and romance pile that Andy doesn't care for and managed to sneak in "Meet Me In St Louis," "Citizen Kane" and "Pride & Prejudice." I don't care much for romances because they are usual poorly written and predictable but I LOVED "Pride & Prejudice." This will definitely go in the watch again favorites category.

* I am thankful to all of you for your kind words, laughs, and commonality in this crazy little thing called life. When I can't make it outside these 4 walls, I can still invite each of you to come on in and chat for a while. Coffee is always on. Stop on in.

8 comments:

Lis said...

Hey Girl!
Been out of time for the past 10 days and wow did I have a lot of your blog to catch up on! I am glad to hear you are feeling better and also glad that you were able to have a great birthday date with Andy! Tell him happy belated birthday from us! Hope all is well... nothing new here... bummer. But anyhow - we should get together one of these days!

topher1kenobe said...

Which Pride and Prejudice?

Jenelle said...

Lis - Miss you and think of you often. Sorry to hear nothing new on the house. I'll call with some dates and see if one works.

Topher - 2005 Keira Knightley & Matthew McFadyen, Judi Dench

Anonymous said...

Looks like your perspective has improved greatly over the past few days. I'm so glad you're feeling more positive.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. :> Joe said that bread makes him actually like blueberries.

That P&P is one of my all-time favs. It is currently my go-to girly movie when I want to escape. I've probably watched it every 3 months since Eric gave it to me last summer.

Kiki said...

I am also glad to hear that you are doing well, things sound like they are on an upswing...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

tz said...

your dr w/ out the kids as a treat made me laugh...I tell Jason that going to the grocery store w/out the kids is like a mini-vacation...i sometimes just wander the aisles fantasizing about the gourmet meals I could make....

glad to hear that your mending process is going well!

Teresa said...

I am SO glad you are feeling better! Don't be surprised if Andy burns all those movies! LOL!!