Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Political Pet Peeve

Rarely enter the world of politics on my blog but I've had it up to here (use your imagination) with political ads. There are many reasons for which I could list, but the current reason that burns me up are the lines such as (heard on both sides of the isle) ...

"Working hard for the middle class"
"Champion of the middle class"
"Because the middle class matters"

Since when in America did only one group of people matter? Isn't it liberty justice for ALL? Don't we all have the right to equal representation under the law? What about championing the rights of the defeated, oppressed, and down-trodden? What about respecting those who work hard and succeed?

I just picture the founding fathers cringing at some of the terminology that slides so easily across the airwaves. Now I know they didn't have it right either (slavery, discrimination of women and other ethic groups), but you would think after 232 years that we could come farther than this.

Sorry for my soap box and hopefully I haven't offended, but by-golly it's gonna be a long and frustrating election season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lurvely. :> Great perspective. Just ignore the ads, dearest. They are ads- that means they are trying to sell something, not be correct. Most people only care about themselves, and most people in America are middle class, so-o-o-o....they are pandering.

Amanda said...

That's why I'm voting for Spiderman. :)

The W.O.W. factor! said...

I hear you Lady! and I couldn't agree more! The words "ALL" & "GOD" have been beaten down in our country that was founded and based on those words.
I don't DO politics either, but found you on TerriTerri and found this,so I just had to say something!