I'm taking a few minutes to break from packing up. I'm enjoying the breeze blowing threw the cottage, the sound of wind chimes & waves in the distance, and the quietness that comes with naps/movie break.
The reality of heading home is setting in. This week is EXACTLY what I needed. I chilled out with the kids all week, never put a bit of makeup on, rarely did my hair, and mostly lived in my swimsuit (sorry for the neighbors). I ate myself silly (but managed to eat a lot of healthy stuff as part of that) and washed a lot of dishes. Boy and I'm excited to have a dishwasher again.
We fished and continue to find that Ryan is an awesome fisherman. Everytime we go out he catches something. Even Ty caught his first fish. We swam a lot. I'm reminded what a wimp I am as I try to keep my feet out of seaweed and muck until I can get to the sand parts. I had a great time with the boys out on the jet ski. Several friends stopped by. Did I mention I ate myself silly? Plus I got to watch lots of Olympic coverage.
Tomorrow is Ty's birthday party. That's why we're heading back tonight, so I have tomorrow to clean up the house and get stuff ready. We're doing kind of a farm/horse theme party. His favorite book is "The Big Red Barn" and "neigh" is his favorite animal. Should be really pretty simple as long as my plan for the cake comes together quickly.
I'll share some pictures from this week and the party next week. Until then - wishing you all a fantastic weekend filled with friends, family, and sunshine.
P.S. Sorry, I don't think the butt sauna made any difference on the size of my backside spread. Wish I had found the magical solution, but I think that may have something to do with the fact that I ate myself silly.
2 comments:
Sounds like a fantastic week! I'm glad you got to enjoy time with your boys doing things they obviously love. Can't wait to see pictures. Hope the party is a huge success!
I loved the way you described the week...particularly the wind chimes..that just says relaxation to me...
happy birthday to your little one!
Post a Comment