Monday, August 04, 2008

Questions & Answers From The Back Seat

Today we ran errands. I knew it was going to rain pretty good so I thought ahead enough to grab a couple of umbrellas. After our first stop this is what I hear from the backseat...

Ryan: Can you stop the rain now?
Me: Buddy, you know that I can't. (always amazed what kids think a mom is able to do)
Ryan: I know that. I was asking God.
Me: (smile)

After a couple of more stops...

Ryan: So God didn't stop the rain.
Me: Not yet.
Ryan: How come?
Me: He must know that we need more rain.
Ryan: wow

After a couple of more stops and the rain stopped...

Ryan: So God must know that we got enough rain.
Me: Looks like it.
Ryan: wow
Me: (smile)

7 comments:

Sheri said...

I looooove driving in the car with kids sitting quietly in the backseat. I love how they stare out the window and think about things, and then they share those quirky thoughts with us.....

Thanks for sharing...

Rock Chef said...

Wow. I love conversations like that.

Teresa said...

So precious!! What a sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing conversation! "I know. I was asking God."... does it get any better than that?

Jenelle said...

Nope, doesn't get much better than that.

Evil Transport Lady said...

So Cute! Glad you are feeling better! Strep just stinks!

Hugs to you!

Beth said...

He sounds like such a NEAT LITTLE boy. These conversations are awesome!!