Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Report Card

So I went to the doctor today for my "yearly" physical. Wrapped up in that was a check up on my blood levels and long term plan. The doctor wants to continue my blood thinners until November because of the some instability with my tests over the last month. Which means 3 more months of meds and blood draws. I was a little bit bummed about it, but it sounds like a November is a pretty set finish date.

I looked back over the last 6 months and all that has happened and I'm amazed. The reality of the gift of life has never been more apparent. God has blessed me with a great doctor who is very careful about my health and concerned about well being. I've gotten to know a great lab tech, a kind nurse, and many other people dealing with clotting issues.

I've also gotten some good feedback on an overall health plan. Overall a good visit even if I didn't get the news I wanted to hear.

Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement. They make process easier.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Hopefully it will all be over in November! Until then, you have a great outlook on all of it and that is fantastic. You make really good lemonade! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you couldn't ask for better health care professionals and well, November isn't THAT far away, right?

Evil Transport Lady said...

Sorry about the November time line, but hang in there!

{{Hugs}}

Rock Chef said...

It is good to have people like that behind you. I think I would be OK with this situation, better than "yeah you should be OK, come back if you're not"!