Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Great Music

Okay - I'm in love with a website my BIL told me about last week pandora.com

You can select genres of music or an artist and they play music that fits that group and that of similar artists. You can vote on whether you like the song or not. If you don't it won't play it again for you. It's all FREE. You are not downloading the music, just compiling. You have to go to their site to listen. It's commercial-free music but they make money off their site advertising.

Right now I'm listening to a Frank Sinatra mix (including Nat King Cole, Jimmy Durante, Bobby Darin, Fred Estaire, Tony Bennett, Michael Buble, etc). Nice background music for trying to make my computer work easier. Compiling files from several computers is such a pain.

Hope you are all having a great day and recovering from a holiday weekend or just another manic monday (whichever it might be for you).

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Kiki's sister, Heather, mentioned that site on her blog and my comments a few weeks ago and I checked it out then. I like it but I already have time invested into my www.launch.com station and it's almost the same thing. On Launch you create your own station and if you hear a song you like you can say "play it more" etc. etc. They are a lot alike but I have 4 years invested into making my station mine on Launch.

Glad you are enjoying it.

Amanda said...

Pandora is most awesome - I agree.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to check that out. It sounds like fun!

kenady said...

you are the second person to mention pandora... i will be checking it out:)

Launch sounds interesting as well...