Monday, September 08, 2008

Sad Day

I'm mourning the loss of my wireless router today. I'm pretty sure it has gone to the electrical junk pile in the sky. Need to do more investigating and trials with it, but until then I'm stuck plugged into the wall again. Never realized how much I loved wireless until it was gone.

It's been a lesson filled life lately. Here are a few of the things I've learned:

* You can freeze homemade salsa but it doesn't taste as good when it is thawed, not bad, but not summer fresh.

* If there is a way to get wet and dirty, my boys will find it.

* Pokeweed berries are poisonous if you consume 10 or more it can induce vomiting. Poison Control ladies are kind and even call back the next day to check on your kid. Luckily pokeweed berries make a really big mess and we caught Ty before he consumed too many.

* Pokeweed berries are everywhere on our property and along our street.

* You can blow up water in the microwave. Really it is the buildup of steam inside, but it blows water out when the door is thrown open by the force inside.

* I love magic eraser cleaners. My stove is squeaky clean.

* I love the feel of fall in the air and the comfort of socks and sweatshirts on a cool rainy day.

* I can still run a mile. It ain't pretty, but I can do it.

* It isn't until you try to get in to shape that you realize how far out of shape you are.

* Nutella chocolate spread makes for a good substitute for a chocolate bar for smores.

Hope that you all have a great week.

12 comments:

Beth said...

Yes, that would be a sad day! Get a new router!

And-- can salsa! Don't freeze it!

I live on salsa... live. on. it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, wireless is a bit of Heaven on earth. My condolences on your loss.

I've heard about water exploding in microwaves. Never known anyone that actually had it happen! Scary!

Pokeweed berries? Are those the pretty bright red berries that grow on bushes? Glad to hear you got the situation under control before anything serious could happen.

I'm blogging you this week. I'll probaby have the post up tomorrow.

Rock Chef said...

Maybe Pokeweed should be renamed Pukeweed? When we were growing up the rule was "don't eat any berries unless you have been told they are OK". The one time the rule was broken was when my younger brother ate something and spent the rest of the day halucinating!

Anonymous said...

oh jenelle, seriously? now you can add the poison control ladies to your short story. :>

and the first thing I thought of when you spoke of pokeweed? makes a good dye. I know. My head is always there. see the wiki article. even the dec. of independence was written with pokeweed ink.

in our house we talk about "people berries" vs. "bird berries".

sorry about the router. we have one - do you want it?

meleah rebeccah said...

I came here from 'Terri Terri' via her "Get Blogged by Terri posts". I was very interested in checking out your blog after her review.

And man am I glad I came over here!

Loosing wireless capabilities = Terrible

Mr Clean magic erasers= AWESOME

Kate said...

hope Ty is doing ok.

I love the Nutella suggestion! Will have to try that. Yum!

Kimberly McKay said...

Found you through Terri. Loved the write up she did on you! I'm glad to meet another woman of faith and look forward to reading more.
My other website it Daily Blessings...but blogger automatically logs me in with the wornoutwoman blog. So if you come visit either, please leave a comment. I hope you're feeling well.

Kimberly McKay said...

I responded to your comment at daily blessings....couldn't agree more...parents need to be parents. We're charged with w/ a huge responsiblity...and should teach to fear the rod. That Bible verse is somehow muddled in today's society. There's NOTHING wrong with discipline. IT teaches right from wrong and helps get rid of the grey that confuses the issues.

Teresa said...

Pokeweed?? Oh my...I had no idea but rarely do we eat any wild berries...in fact...the only time was that day with you! I had to google the word to make sure that's not what you fed us!...LOL...just kidding!

I'm sorry about the router...I hate being tied to a wall...it's so...archaic!! We're so spoiled aren't we!!! :)

Looking forward to tomorrow!!

BITR Country Girl said...

I found you on Terri's "get blogged by Terri" post. I'm sorry for the loss of your wireless router. We lost ours a few weeks ago and it too was a sad day at our house.

Jenelle said...

Thanks to all who visited from Terri's blog. Feel free to stop by anytime. Terri might have been a little over-complimentary so don't be disappointed ;)

kenady said...

Sorry the wireless is out!

LOVE the life lessons:)