Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stunned

Yesterday I was stunned to hear of the sudden death of a college friend. I haven't seen Mike in years, but many of my college memories include him. I have no idea about the circumstances, but cannot imagine the heartache his wife is experiencing.

Mike was the kind of guy who loved life. He had a smile and a laugh for everyone. He longed to have deep conversations, to genuinely know the people around him. He struggled with things and wasn't afraid to share that with others.

Most importantly Mike lived out what he believed. He had a vital relationship with Jesus Christ. It was the most important thing in his life, and no one who met him doubted that. His passion to love and serve God was contagious. He will be sadly missed, but there is NO DOUBT that he is thoroughly enjoying heaven and I'm gonna see him there someday.

Prayers for his wife Kelly and his family.

3 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Things like this are quite a shock aren't they? I recently discovered that an old friend of mine had died of throat cancer. I still have trouble with that.

Teresa said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It's never easy even if we hadn't seen the person in a long time... Atleast he left a legacy, it sounds like! And then there's the hope we have that you'll see him again! {{HUGS}}

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's death. He sounds like he made a very positive impact on everyone around him.