Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wanted

I need your favorite appetizer recipes. I'm putting together a ladies night out "Holiday Hints" once again for my church and looking for some inspiration for the food side of things. It's lots of food, decorating, entertainment, family ideas for the holidays.

Any favorite family holiday traditions that you have?

6 comments:

topher1kenobe said...

Here's mine: http://www.wcsg.org/family/recipes/recipe.php?recipe=27

Anonymous said...

My in-laws serve this appetizer where they take a block of feta cheese, put red pepper flakes all over the top of it, pour on the olive oil, and then heat it up. It is lovely with pita chips.

And my mom's fruit dip: 1 softened bar of cream cheese, 1 7oz. jar of marshmallow creme, and a couple teaspoons of orange juice, strawberry jam, whatever for just a hint of color and taste.

Sounds like a fun event. :>

Anonymous said...

A can of Easy Cheese and some Ritz crackers.

(I'm kidding. I can do better than that. Just not off the top of my head. If I think of something good, I'll let you know.)

Kiki said...

Stuffed mushrooms, (Ken's mom makes these, not me).

The new minister is GREAT, I really like him and his style and cadence are just what I was looking for. I know its about God speaking through him, but if the teaching is all garbled up in poor English its hard to focus on the message.

God also knew I needed to hear what was being said because it was about tending your heart like soil and caring for it so its fertile for God's word and work. Something I have been sorely neglecting.

Thanks for asking...

Teresa said...

I have a great recipe for chicken salsa...I'll put it on the recipe blog later today for you.

A few of our traditions are acting out the Christmas story as a family each year. That's always fun. Also taking the family pictures that people send in their Christmas cards and putting them into a flip frame and setting it on the dinner table and each night praying for a different family.

Claire said...

I may be too late - but this is our family tradition: My Mom would always have a Jesus Birthday Cake on Christmas Eve night - it would be a white cake with white icing and coconut - my Mom would carry it into the darkened dining room and we would all sing Happy Birthday to Jesus - all the children would get to help blow out the candles and the youngest child there that could walk would carry the first piece of the cake out to the backyard and throw it out for the birds. We all love this one.