Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow and More Snow

Friday brought a lovely 10" of heavy snow. We knew it was going to be bad so it was an at home day. It was so bad that my husband got sent home at noon because there isn't much to do for an on-the-road salesman when you can't be on the roads and no one else is in the office cuz they are snowed in...

Friday night the roads had opened enough that we could continue with plans for our anniversary. After dropping the kiddos off with grandparents we enjoyed dinner at Olive Garden, Christmas shopping, and a movie in the theatre. I don't actually remember the last movie I saw in the theatre. We really don't get out that much. The snow was bad everywhere and the plows weren't able to keep up. The side of the mall that the theatre was on was completely unplowed. We almost got stuck in the drifts trying to leave at 11:30. That would have been a bummer.

Saturday brought more shopping and running around town. I had the kiddos to myself Saturday night for all the fun of Ty not wanting to sleep. He finally gave in around midnight. I really thought I was gonna lose my mind. It's almost eleven tonight and he's still awake. I am hoping this is a stage and that I don't have to take naps away so he'll sleep at night.

Another major storm blew through last night. With the special Christmas service we had to be there early. Managed to all get ready, in the car, and half way there on HORRIBLE roads when we got the call that services were canceled. BUMMER. I'm glad that others would be able to sleep in. Wish it could have been me. Instead we had a movie/play in the snow/pj day. The drifting was bad enough that it pretty much snowed us in. Missed my nephew's birthday party too.

Hope the roads clear up soon because I still have Christmas shopping to do. Still have one more batch of cookies to make. Still need to finish grocery shopping for the week. Still have a couple more presents to make. Still have almost all of the presents to wrap. It's gonna be a full week. I am so far behind this year and I don't know why.

May we all be swift in crossing off items on our to-do-lists this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it turns out to be a productive week for you. Man, you got a lot of snow. We got a big storm Saturday and now will be getting more over the next two days. It's horribly cold and the roads are slick too. I'm finding it tough to maintain a positive attitude about winter.