Looking back at 2008, it was a very full year. Full of adventures. We finished building our house. We saw Ryan grow so much and loving pre-school. We saw Tyler turn into a little man - with his own personality and strong will. We experienced all sorts of health adventures with sinus infections, flu, colds, blood clots, etc.
We settled into a new community and starting forming relationships with our new neighbors. We found lots of personal challenge and growth as our friends and church helped us grow spiritually. God brought us through so much and provided every step of the way. Sometimes it was through friends and family, sometimes through strangers, and sometimes by absolute surprise.
2008 really shaped us as a family. We are stronger. Our faith is deeper. We've learned some of our limits and how to say no. We've learned how to give more generously. We've learned how to accept generosity. We've learned how to do without somethings. We've been blessed beyond our expectations and imagination.
How do you top a year like that? My hope and prayer is for a healthy 2009. For God to continue to guide and provide like we've seen so far. That my boys would continue to grow up to be kind, generous, men of faith. That Tyler would be potty trained easily (praying hard for that one). That I would walk deeper in faith, trusting in God rather than my own abilities (ouch).
One of the biggest adventures of 2009 will undoubtably come from Andy's career change. He's currently finishing up his application for the police academy. No, it's not the academy that Steve Guttenberg made famous in the 80s.
Andy originally went to school for criminal justice and left to join the family business. The desire has never gone away. So, Andy is going back to school and leaving the family business. While not completely understood, our family has been fairly supportive. There are still some that think we are crazy to throw away what we have. Yet, we really feel like this is where God is leading us.
Yes it will be 4 months of single parent life while Andy is at school 5 or 6 days a week 14-16 hrs each day. Yes it will mean going back to work. Yes it means a big financial hit. Yes it means an uncertain future. But it will be an adventure to say the least. I know that God will provide every step of the way. He's already shown us that.
So, bring in on 2009. Let's see what you've got.
6 comments:
Good luck! This will certainly be a big year for you all!
Isn't it great to see how God took care of you guys so much in 2008 so that now as you take this step of faith in 2009...it's so reassuring that He'll make up the difference!
I think that is so exciting...to change direction and go through the doors that God opens for us!!!! I'm excited to see what happens!!!
I'm impressed with the faith you have in taking such a big step. Your family will be in my prayers. I hope that 2009 is a very successful year for you in every way.
I usually take stock like that, but I'm still worn out from last year. I not even sure what I hope for yet. :>
you sound like a very supportive wife and speaking as a student w/ a supportive husband that's going to go far with your husband....
Congratulations on a year well spent and looking forward to reading what 2009 and will unfold for you.
Post a Comment