Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yet

So I have managed to avoid illness so far, but now Ty is on round 2 of whatever we had... I'm not out of the woods yet.

Tonight I got to catch up with my dad's cousin and his wife. They were really more like an aunt and uncle to me growing up. They only had boys since their daughter died very young, not long before I was born. In some ways, I think I have a special place in their heart, what their little girl would have been like had she lived.

Spending time with my cousin Steve is really a lot like getting back a piece of my dad. They were really very much the same in some ways, especially their dry sense of humor. It always feels so comfortable.

Started compiling all of our information for the ever pressing tax return. Started this weekend by looking for all of our health care costs. Between what Uncle Sam took, building a house, and our efforts to fund the medical field... no wonder 2008 was a little bit tight.

Tax return time always makes me look back and wonder, "Where did it all go?" Did we spend it wisely? Did we safe wisely? Did we invest enough (that means lost enough this year in the IRA)? Did we give enough??? Each year I walk away wondering what more we can do. Wish I had better answers to that question.

Definitely looking forward to tax returns this year. It will be a welcome addition to the savings account. Wish I had some fabulous plans for it. Some times it really stinks to be responsible.

6 comments:

Claire said...

Just wanted to say hi and let you know I am still visiting you!

Evil Transport Lady said...

I hope you stay healthy! You've had enough sickness for one year!

As for taxes...we use ours to pay our school tax. No fun in that;)

Rock Chef said...

Ick, tax returns!

Hope Ty is better soon!

Hope you all have a healthy year this year!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Heartily.

Anonymous said...

It's good to be responsible. No one can afford not to be in this economy!

Kiki said...

I hear you on all of that...although I can barely complain about the taxes here...they aren't too painful!!!