Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What I Learned from Cartoons

On a lighter note, here are a few things I've learned from watching pre-school TV.

* With enough imagination, anything can be solved. In the adult world we call it denial or hallucinations.

* Those who failed music theory class in college went on to write the classic "I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the MAP!" for Dora the Explorer.

* There is no animal that will hurt you or to be wary of. Thanks Diego.

* Marching band music & pizza goes along with ancient aztec culture. Thanks Backyardigans.

* Being overweight is perfectly acceptable. Big and round is lovable. Preschool role models & favorites -- Santa, Barney, Boz the Bear, Teletubbies, etc.

and my favorite...

* Some catch phrases work no matter what the age. "Yes we can" worked for both Bob the Builder and Barack Obama. Was that copyright infringement?

I'm freezing cold in this winter blast and need to go throw another log on the fire. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've often wondered what kind of drugs the cartoonists were on when they came up with these ideas. I mean, seriously. Sponge Bob? He's NOT a sea sponge! He's a KITCHEN sponge! And an annoying one at that.