Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Adventures

So our weekend had a damper on it when Ryan randomly threw up on Friday. So calls went out to cancel plans. Saturday he felt fine so he ran errands with daddy to fix stuff on the car $600 later (brakes, tires, and headlight) my car is in good condition again. Ty went with his grandma to a kiddie symphony and actually sat still for it (that's close to a miracle). That left me alone at home for about 3 blissful hours.

It's amazing how much I pumped out in that time. Including spending an incredible hour doing my Bible Study (Living Free - Beth Moore) and praying. I was a new woman with a much cleaner home.

Actually feel like I got somewhere this weekend. Stuff done, time with my kiddos and hubby, watched a couple of movies, and fit work in too.

Here's hoping for a productive week and more sunshine. It's been nice to see that fiery ball in the sky, even if it is only 4 degrees.

I'll leave you with a poll question. Give me some feedback.
* What (if anything) do you do for your kids for Valentine's Day? OR is it just a day for you and your significant other?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the kids were younger I'd buy them each a book. More recently, just a candy treat. Something small. Mark & I rarely celebrate as he's usually working.

Glad you had some time to yourself. It obviously gave you a chance to recharge.

Anonymous said...

A box of Sweethearts and a love note. This year they might get a little something because I have a couple handmade projects I didn't finish in time for Christmas. And I've got my Grandma's Red Velvet Cake recipe that I haven't made in ages that I was thinking would be a good Valentine tradition for everybody.

Glad you had a good weekend!

Rock Chef said...

Nothing really.

We have occasionally sent them to our daughters if we felt that the circumstances warrented it (e.g. a timely ego boost for a teenager, etc) but that is about it.

It is only in the last couple of years that my wife and I have celebrated it in any way!

Amanda said...

We do something small for the kids (candy and a card). I don't think we've done anything as a couple for Valentine's Day since they were born.

Last year the four of us went to Olive Garden for dinner...the kids thought that was pretty cool, and Steve and I liked being able to remind them of how special they are to us.

Kiki said...

My daddy used to bring home a single rose for us....always treasured those...my mom used to hang beautifully cut Valentine hearts from the chandelier over the dining room table, then at each of our places was a brown paper bag that had been transformed with more hearts and some SMALL treat inside....it was always super special and to this day I have some of the things my mom gave us.

So glad that you were able to get a lot done and had some time to yourself to recharge...praying for more sun for you guys!!!

Teresa said...

I just do fun things with the kids for the day having to do with hearts...like heart pancakes...I bought paper plates that had those conversation hearts on them and we used them all day. Last year with homeschooling we did all heart type projects etc. This year with both kids being in school and I really don't get to spend much time with them at all anymore...I just bought 3 of those candy necklaces...they were 3 for $1 and I'll probably cut their sandwiches into hearts and give them a special snack and we'll talk about how much we love eachother at dinner...hey...I like Amanda's idea...maybe we'll all go out to each somewhere special that night.

Claire said...

I had a friend in Texas who went all out for holidays and I really learned alot from her - I would make a special breakfast for them and when they came downstairs in the morning I had the table all decorated - hearts hanging from ribbon from the chandelier - made place mats out of giant hearts and had little treats waiting for them - Valentine's Day is one of my favorite days! I am trying to figure out stuff to do for my team members at work and stuff to send to my grandchildren! I hope I can accomplish it!

Claire said...

This is really funny - I must have scrolled past Kiki's comment - I wrote mine and then just saw her's - and I have tears in my eyes just from reading her memories! (Kiki's mom)