Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Have Mercy

It was one of those days. The kind where you think that you might just jump out of your skin or lose your mind.

So here's my "Lord Have Mercy" list from the day...
  • When my two year old falls on the floor and cries.

  • When they are bickering about everything all day long.

  • When their ears are turned off.

  • When I start running out of discipline options - because I've used them all.

  • When the day seems to creep by.

  • When I get a cavity filled.

  • When I spend money on my teeth that I'd rather spend on other things.

  • When the truck's starter goes out.

  • When I realize I complain too much.

  • When I find myself frustrated and short, rather than teaching/instructing.

  • When there isn't enough time to get it all done.

  • When plans get canceled.

  • When I worry more about what people think than what is important.

  • When I stress about money when God ALWAYS provides.

  • When I forget Your goodness, kindness, provision, and mercy.

Good thing His mercies are new every morning. Lord have mercy - cuz I need it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I hear you.

Rock Chef said...

Excellent! I can associate with a lot of those, although thankfully my days with 2 year olds are long gone!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you are not ME?!

Cal said...

Indeed, dearheart! Kyrie eleison, Christe eleison, Kyrie eleison. :-D

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had such a bad day. I guess we have to have these now and then to appreciate the good ones... or so I hear...