Yes, most of my friends have packed up their vehicles and are headed south for sun and fun. Yes, in true Michigan fashion - it's suppose to snow this weekend and early next week. It's like adding insult to injury for those of us not traveling. Should be use to it by now, just ticks me off...
But in the spirit of spring, I started purging today. My hit list included the never ending laundry pile and the boys rooms. We seriously have enough books to start a small library. It's one of my splurges. I stalk the garage sales, inexpensive books from school sales, gifts, and a couple of memberships to the Children's Book of the Month Club. We've got a lot.
My boys really enjoy their books, and we use them frequently. The issue is that with that many - they end up everywhere and then they want a particular book at bedtime and the chore becomes finding it. So I organized that today and headed off to hit their closets. I've been slowly weeding out clothing they are outgrowing and stashing them on the shelf to pack up. I cleansed their closets of the items and brought them to my room to pack up during nap time (the one that never happened today) only to find out that my hubby buried all the clothing totes in storage downstairs when he helped "clean up" downstairs. No complaining. He helped. Now I just need his help to unbury it all.
Much accomplished and it felt good.
Then I had a dentist appointment. It's been a little over a year. I'm one of those every 6 months on the dot kind of girls. But with moving, sickness, shorted funds - we waited. Bad news. I have a cavity to fill PLUS I need to get a crown on a tooth I had a root canal done on 6+ years ago. Definitely not in the budget. Dentist said the crown could probably wait 6 months and he would grind down the tooth a little to lessen impact and chance of cracking. GREAT. That sounds like fun.
It's been a day. Good night, sleep tight - I'm going to brush and floss now...
2 comments:
Yeah, we're getting more snow here too. It gets nice just long enough to tease us and then... WOMP! More snow. I keep reminding myself, "Just a few more weeks."
At least you're accomplishing some things on the to-do list. That's always gratifying.
3 things:
your organizing is an inspiration.
my teeth are horrible and i almost feel sorry for your one problem. ;)
we are here for the week too, so let's have a playdate and then take off on a girls night. :D
Post a Comment