Thursday, July 19, 2007

I Hate To Admit

Some childhood traits tend to carry over into adulthood. I've come to the conclusion that I'm still slightly afraid of the dark. Andy was gone overnight for work this week and I was alone with the boys in the new house. When I'm home alone I always go to bed late, even if I'm dead tired I never make it into bed before midnight. So as all the creaks, groans and shadows of the new house made their appearance I found myself looking over my shoulder going down the stairs and diving into bed after turning out the lights.

I know it's silly. I blame my brothers for all the tricks they played on me and stories they told to scare the wits out of me as a kid. I don't fear monsters in the closet or under the bed, but too many TV shows make me fear intruders and perpetraters under the bed and around the dark corner. But once under the safety of my covers, somehow most of that disappears... or maybe that's just exhaustion. That and I know that nothing in my life is out of the hands of my Savior.

1 comment:

Amos said...

You are not alone in that feeling. My hubby used to be gone a lot truck driving and I would stay up really late too. But then I learned to stop watching the news, or weird shows when he was gone, and turned on a good Christian CD or program and I would go to sleep peacefully. The Savior is our rest for sure.