It feels good to sit down for a few minutes and do nothing that I should be doing. After the ordeal of packing, cleaning, moving, cleaning, unpacking, cleaning, rearranging, cleaning... You get the idea. The good news is that things are starting to come back together.
We finally got our gas line hooked up yesterday. Let me tell you, life with no hot water, no stove/oven has been a trip. I warm up water in the microwave so that I can wash bottles and sippy cups and then have to drive back to the empty old house after the kids are in bed to take a shower. Amen for the DTE Engergy lady.
Yesterday I also got my brand new washer and dryer. I got a front loading Kenmore washer. Andy thinks it's the "coolest thing he's ever seen." I'm not sure what that says about me and the kids :) He actually sat on the floor and watched it last night. He loves gadgets and machines so I'm hoping this infactuation with the washer mean he'll do more of the laundry... yeah right.
Then today I got cable!!! So we now have more than 1 TV channel and I got internet back. It was a nice break from having it so I got more done, but I'm definitely glad to have technology again.
Hope you are all doing well. I'm off to unpack more. I have to find my shoes.
4 comments:
Wow you moved already? I was thinking this was going to take longer than that. Hope you are settling in nicely.
You moved into the rental, right?
Where in Utah did you go? The mountians and the climate are the reasons I love Colorado!
My neighbor just got a front loader. She claims it is the bomb.
Glad you're back blogging and getting settled into your duplex. We missed you on this thing!!! :0)
Diva - I flew into Salt Lake and drove to Orem (just outside of Provo). I love the mountains. If MI had mountains and more sun, it would be pretty close to perfect.
Amos - I wish I had longer than that. It's been a whirlwind, but we're here and mostly unpacked in rental world.
Post a Comment