God was gracious to me yesterday. I met a gal from church who I've started doing a Bible study with (using The Confident Woman). God really compelled me to pursue her. She's in her early twenties and was dating a guy we were all pretty concerned about. At a small church there just isn't much in the way of support in her age group so I figured that God was calling me to help. She was one of my former junior high students and has always had a bit of a place in my heart...
We've met a couple of times so far but have had several weeks off because of moving. I almost called off the study for a while figuring I was just too busy. I'm glad that I didn't. Last night was amazing. We sat and chatted forever. She broke up with the guy in concern when his other girlfriend called her. I'm sorry for her heartbreak but so relieved that God made things clear for her. I shared with her about my long last month and continued struggles with anxiety and post-partum junk. We really connected in a very personal way.
Finally we decided we needed to get down to business and do the Bible study. The chapter we were working on SO applicable to where we both are at. It was one of the most meaningful spiritual conversations I've had in a very long time. I came away feeling refreshed, inspired, and hopeful. There are several insights that she had that I totally missed and the other way around. We both left pondering some very deep thoughts.
Once again God provides.
1 comment:
That sounds awesome! I am glad you found someone that you can give to and receive from...those are the best relationships.
Post a Comment