Tonight we made a quick trip out to the property to check where the builder had staked out the house. There was rain in the distance so we knew we had to hurry. I brought the umbrella stroller for Ty since I was having a hard time holding him. I managed to burn a 4 inch section of my arm when I dropped a curling iron today. We trekked up the 300' winding driveway. We were partway through our tasks when the drizzle turned to rain. We took off running. Andy grabbed Ryan and I was pushing Ty. About halfway down the hill it turned to pouring rain. Almost at the end of the driveway I hit a large tree root with the stroller. It flipped over and Ty landed on his face. The impact sent me flying over the stroller landing on my shoulder and neck. Now mind you the dirt drive that the bulldozer left had already started to turn to mud. We were coated.
Poor Ty was more scared than hurt - but did have a small cut on his forhead (that we found after cleaning through all the dirt). I ended up pretty dirty and mighty sore. The best part of it is we were suppose to be heading straight from the land to the pre-school open house. We raced home to clean up and head on out. The worst trama of it all was that the picture that Ryan colored for his teacher this morning got muddy. After a few tears and another colored picture - we were off to the open house and actually made it on time.
I'm sacked out on a heating pad trying to deal with a stiff back. Can't wait to see what I'm like in the morning. I guess it's one of those memories that we'll take away in the house building experience.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh Jenelle!! I feel so bad for you. They say to use 'cold' for the first 72 hours of an injury and then to alternate between 'heat' and 'ice'. (speaking of you fall injury obviously not the curling iron incident) and Oh my...the curling iron too? Not a great day for you huh? :0(
I can not believe that you still made it on time...now that's good!
Well I guess thank God for a laptop to type about the event while you are mending on the couch. My goodness you had quite an eventful day. I hope you are all mended and feeling better quickly.
Post a Comment