Monday, September 24, 2007

Sadness & Relief

I just got word that my friend Alicia's mom passed away tonight after a long battle with cancer. My heart breaks for the loss that the family is experiencing but there is such relief in knowing that she no longer suffers and is with her Savior. Donna lived a life that taught so many of us so much. I'm glad I had my chance to say goodbye a few weeks ago.

Pray for their family as they deal with all the necessary things this week. Pray that Alicia's brother Jacob would be drawn back into relationship with God through all of this and release his bitterness.

4 comments:

Cal said...

Please let Alicia & her family know our hearts and prayers are with them.

What a great day it will be when the word cancer has no more meaning, and suffering and grief are no more. Someday...

Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Lis said...

I'll be praying for you, your friends and Alecia and her family this week! Thanks for hanging out on Sunday! It was great to see you!

Logzie said...

Ah, bittersweet huh?

I am sorry for you loss and your friend's loss.

Logzie said...

my stupid smiling face somehow doesn't seem appropriate here on this sad post...it looks like I am being insensative...:0(