Monday, January 28, 2008

Sneak Peek

Thought I'd share a bit of sneak peek of what I've been working on these days. Here's what the house is looking like prior to paint. I'll post a few pictures after this weekend's painting blitz for a semi-finished look at the new house.
This is looking from the living room into the kitchen. The island is surrounded by cherry that will be stained to match the cabinets.


This is looking at the dining area with the hallway to the boys bedrooms & bathroom.


This is the living room with a built-in bookcase and wood-burning fireplace that is connected to the duct work to heat the whole house. With the current prices of propane, we'll be building lots of fires.


No this is not a hazmat emergency - just my hubby in his painting get-up. We experimented for the first time with a paint sprayer for all the trim. It's a great finish but a lot of work to get it right.

I'll post more pictures later, but for now I'm gonna go try to get all the paint off my hands and rub down some sore muscles.

8 comments:

Kuckie said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Jenelle! It looks like it's going to be beautiful...can't wait to see it after the big painting weekend!

Keep up the good work...it's all worth it in the end!

Amos said...

How exciting Jenelle! I can't wait to be building in the near future! I hope your painting goes much faster than you expect!

Logzie said...

Love your cupboards! It'll all be worth it in the end. Like Kuckie said...please post pics after painting!

Mojonah said...

House looks amazing! The cupboards look great, and I love the living room and fire place! So happy for you. Can't wait to see it after the painting is done!

Terri said...

It's coming along nicely! You're going to have such a beautiful new home.

Jen said...

Wow! What a GORGEOUS house!! I can't wait to see the end result!

Anonymous said...

sweet pic of Andy.

And I've always had a thing for built in bookcases. ;>

Anonymous said...

p.s. I showed Joe and he thought you were dressing up like a ninja.