Right now I don't know whether to cuss or cry. Since I'm not one for the former, I guess I'll be going with the later. After 45 minutes on the phone with Dell support they are telling me I have total Windows failure and the operating system needs to be reinstalled.
In my terms - that means my 6 month old computer crapped out on my and because I was stupid and didn't back up my files, I may have lost everything. That's my pictures from the last couple of months (usually back those up every couple of months, but with building...), my freelance work (that was suppose to pay for our closing costs), images/artwork I downloaded for church & freelance stuff, etc.
Since I'm not completely confident in the skills of the gentleman who helped me, I'm continuing to investigate my options. A friend is looking into some possibilities for me. Pray that this works out quickly and inexpensively.
P.S. Got pretty good news from a friend who should be able to help - YEAH!!! Right now Windows XP or a Mac is looking really nice. Sorry Topher, you haven't won we over to Linux yet.
4 comments:
I'm sure our friend Dave would love to help...I'm sorry. You must be so frustrated!
Oh, I feel for you. I hope you get it all worked out. I think we all tend to put too much faith in our computers (ME - Guilty!) And then we learn a hard lesson when something goes wrong.
I'm so sorry to hear about that!! That is FRUSTRATING! I can completely understand about vacillating between crying and cussing!! Been there! I hope that you can get all of the important stuff back!
That stinks! I'm also quilty of not backing up, and I even have an external HD. Laziness at it's best.
Hope you can recover the lost files!
Post a Comment