This has been a LONG Michigan winter. We've had lots of storms producing snow with lots of wind. I can handle the cold, but the blowing & drifting makes things miserable.
I do have to admit the good part of the snow and ice is that it held the roads together. Now that things are clearing up a bit we have the major league of pot holes to contend with. Let me tell you, I drove along a section of a major road today that was more like a series of pot valleys rather than pot holes. It was several long groupings that made my car feel like it was going to shake apart.
Gotta love Michigan roads. Would be nice to get some of those federal tax dollars back to our state ear marked for roads. Send the politicians in DC to Michigan for spring driving and I guarantee we would get better funding.
5 comments:
Boy I hope it works better for Michigan, because here in OK we have the labeled worst roads in the whole US. Bridges falling apart and hitting people's cars, maybe MI senators have better clout to influence the funds.
Every time we travel to Pennsylvania, we come back thinking that toll roads wouldn't be such a bad thing. The turnpikes in Ohio and PA are in fantastic shape...we always know as soon as we're back in Michigan, thanks to the potholes.
I think the roads in Detroit are some of the worst I've ever been on. Of course, since they had the super bowl there, things have improved somewhat.
Thanks for all your encouraging words on my blog. I appreciate it!
I heard on the radio that they are making a contest about it this year and you are supposed to take a picture of the worst pothole and since the average Michigander spends $318 per year to fix damage done to their vehicle b/c of potholes they are going to give 3 winners $318 each! I think that's their way of getting people to report to them the worst ones. It made me feel that atleast they care and are trying.... But I agree...it is redicilious!
LOL! I thought PA had the worse roads! The contests for biggest pothole are always good for a few laughs, unless you hit one of course!
Post a Comment