Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow Day / Sick Day

So I was suppose to spend the day working on painting/touching up the house (taking pics for you all to see) and working on some freelance projects. My babysitter called this morning to say that her little brother had croup and with their one vehicle she wasn't gonna be able to make it. Besides a big storm was rolling in with another massive amount of snow. My car is actually at the shop being fixed this week and I really didn't want to go far with the borrowed car. It's one thing to wreck your own car, another to wreck someone elses.

So kids were bummed that "abecah" (otherwise known as Rebekah) wasn't coming so I tried to make it a fun day. We've watched movies, had a pizza picnic lunch (homemade), cleaned (crazy kids think that cleaning is fun), and made thank you cards for Christmas presents. Yes I'm that far behind. Realized that I had to get one batch of thank you notes before I get to Ryan's birthday and have a whole other set to send.

It's snowing like crazy and church is already cancelled for the evening. Nice to have an evening off when there is so much to do. I've finally started to catch up on stuff around the house that's been slipping by because we are never home and when we are we really aren't in the cleaning mood. I've actually cooked a few meals this week, mopped floors, vacuumed, laundry, and caught up on most of the odds and ends.

Now I'm hitting purge mode. The realization of you either sell it, give it away, or move it has sunk in. I thought we had gotten rid of so much when we moved last time (and we did) that it seems unreal about how much more there really is to get rid of. I started taking pics of stuff for ebay and Craig's List today (thanks Logziella) to start posting our junk to try to make some money and more room.

Been some ups and downs this week with the anxiety/depression. Monday was bad enough that I wanted to start the meds back immediately but it was a bad day for the kids too. So just waiting things out to see where they really land. Yesterday and today have been increasingly better with insight as well as ability to cope with the stress. Makes me thank God for every bit of joy, laughter, and insight along the way. Thanks for your thoughts, prayers and encouraging words. They help more than you know.

2 comments:

Logzie said...

Good luck with your EBAY and Craig's stuff! I sold so much that I am actually sick of it. Crazy I know. Everytime someone dig on something and paid for it...I was frusterated. I think when it was all said and done I made $400 on EBAY alone in just clothes!! So...today I deleted any listings I had left and I will ship my last package tomorrow and be done. After we get settled in the new house...I'll finish selling what I have.

As for you my dear...I am glad to hear that you had 2 better days after Monday. You are SO WISE to realize that life truely is full of ups and downs and that's okay. YOU WILL GET THRU THIS!! :0)

Don't forget...call anytime!

Anonymous said...

Crazy kids who think cleaning is fun... where can I get me some of those?