Thursday, May 22, 2008

Belated Mother's Day

We finally got together tonight with my side of the family to celebrate mother's day. Yes, I know that it was a couple of weeks ago, but schedules, sickness, etc and we ended up with tonight. The meal turned out perfect - steaks on the grill, lemon cream pasta, green beans, greek style salad, and strawberry shortcake. Ate a little bit too much, okay WAY too much. Happy mother's day to you mom!

Today was Ryan's last day of pre-school. Not sure who's gonna miss it more - him or me. Trying to get a weekly play group together with some of the kids from his class to keep us all from going stir crazy.

This weekend we are taking time out for friends and family. Our to do list is exceedingly long, but it's gonna have to wait (except for cleaning out the garage). We're gonna try to catch up with friends that we've not seen in a long time. Makes for a full weekend, but that's okay. I'm really excited to get away on Monday ALL DAY with Logziella to scrapbook. With moving, building, kids, etc I've hardly touched anything in the last 1 1/2 yrs. Hopefully this will get me back into the swing of things.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend. Enjoy friends and family, but don't forget to remember those who have sacrificed so much for all of us. Prayers go out to so many who have lost loved ones. Also prayers for the family of Steven Curtis Chapman who lost their young daughter in an awful accident this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how incredibly awful!!! - the SCC link I mean. Wow. I don't know if I feel worse for the parents or the brother. Probably the brother.


Have fun this weekend!

Rock Chef said...

Sounds like a great weekend - tell Logzie I said "Hi"!